Sunday, September 26, 2004

Movie Review - The Forgotten**1/2

The Forgotten - 2004
Directed by: Joseph Ruben
Writing credits: Gerald Di Pego
Genre: Thriller / Sci-Fi / Drama / Mystery
Main Cast:
Julianne Moore ..…… Telly Paretta
Gary Sinise…………. Dr. Jack Munce
Dominic West .…….. Ash Correll


I have been criticized to be too lenient on this movie. The reason I say this is because I don't believe this movie sucked. I know I usually do enjoy many movies, more than I should. However, I have low expectation for all alien movies anyway. Most of them are usually goofy and completely unbelievable.

That being said, this was the first time I was pleased with the plausibility of an alien movie. I don't want to give any of the storyline away but the way the story unfolded, if you give in to the idea that aliens can control our thoughts the movie makes sense. Granted that is a HUGE if, but nonetheless not as weak as other hilarious theories attempted in other movies. What makes sense is the strength between a mother and child. The movie did drag on just a bit longer than it should. Overall This movie would be a decent rental, wait until it comes out on DVD. If you rent it you won't hate it.

Plot Summary - courtesy of Sony Pictures
Nine-year-old Sam Paretta is dead, killed in a plane crash. Even though it's been fourteen months since the accident, his mother Telly (Julianne Moore, "Far From Heaven"), still grieves over the loss. But suddenly, her husband (Anthony Edwards, "ER") swears they never had a child and her psychiatrist (Gary Sinise, "C.S.I.: NY") insists she's delusional. But worst of all, there is absolutely no evidence to prove Sam ever existed. Haunted by the memories of her son, Telly's search for the truth propels her into a dark mind-shattering conspiracy of unearthly terror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home